Tuesday, May 1, 2012

(13) Cumulative Progress Indicators

Helpful resource!

In my assessment for learning class, our final assignment requires use of cumulative progress indicators. Our professor thought we had all already heard about it, but I could not recall having done so and I was very confused while doing my assignment. Although he tried, our professor only gave a basic explanation that I couldn't really understand, and it certainly didn't have all the CPIs. Thankfully, I found this great website that gives examples of CPIs in several subjects, so not only can I create an English-oriented lesson plan now, you can all create lesson plans in your subject areas with CPIs within reach. I hope you enjoy this tool I've found.

2 comments:

  1. Sarin,
    In that class, I actually understood CPIs right away. They are very useful because they allow us to assess our students as the year progresses. If we did not use CPIs, I do not believe we would be successful as teachers because it is important to know where are students are in their learning. Without them, some of our students would be far behind and, frankly, we would never know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you already knew what CPIs were, Kevin. I think maybe my previous classes glossed over them or never mentioned them, which is unfortunate, because I agree that they are very helpful, now that I know what they are. They're more specific than simply referring to specific standards, since they break these standards down into more easily understood portions.

      Delete